Not your school cafeteria

Cafeteria opened on main a while ago and one of my friends kept telling me about how she loves it so much. Deciding on dinner I headed down there on a Wednesday night with a few other people. On the corner on Main and 11th its on an unsuspecting corner just close to Cascade Room. We got a seat right away and there was probably only 10 tables at max. Their menu is cleverly posted on wall just like it used to be in high school with the little white letters that were switched daily for different meals. After asking the waitress I found out they change their menu up quite frequently to keep things fresh, usually about once a week or so but dishes come and go from their menu quite often.


I ended up getting a seared snapper with Gnocchi and vegetables with a red pepper sauce. It was light, sweet and well prepared. It was a nice dish but nothing spectacular. My friend got a risotto with a osso buco. Very tender. We also got a dessert, which ended up being a flourless torte with a pistachio cream. It was dense but not heavy and sweet.

A good overall experience but I'm not sure if the food outweighed the price on this one. Perhaps I'm not a huge fan, but it was still worth the experience and seeing what the town was talking about.

Cafeteria
2702 Main St. Vancouver
http://www.cafeteriavancouver.ca/

0 comments: